Important SEO Tips for Your Website
To optimize your whole site for search engines, you’ll need to follow these basic tips:
1. Make the website about one thing.
It can be about other stuff, too, but choose one primary topic that is most essential to your message.
This step is important, so you may want to do a little keyword research before choosing a topic.
2. Mention keywords where they matter most.
Include your “one thing” in the site title, domain name, description, tagline, keywords, blog categories, page titles, and page content.
3. Link to internal pages on your site.
A lot of content management systems automatically do this, but if yours doesn’t, you’ll want to be intentional about linking to your most important pages directly from your homepage and cross-linking them with each other.
4. Use a permalink structure that includes keywords.
Some sites have “ugly” permalink structures that use numbers to identify pages.
Don’t do this. It’s bad for SEO and just doesn’t look good.
Use a URL structure that includes text, and make sure you include keywords in your URLs.
So instead of having a page’s URL be this:
It should look more like this:
5. Remove anything that slows down your website.
Page load times are important, so get rid of any non-essentials that bog down your website.
These may including music players, large images, flash graphics, and unnecessary plugins.
6. Use keywords in your images.
Include words that reflect your site topic in the image title, description, and alt attributes.
Also, re-title the file name if it doesn’t reflect your main keywords (e.g. writing-tips.jpg instead of d1234.jpg).
7. Link to other websites with relevant content.
You can do this by including a blogroll, link list, or resources page on your website.
Of course, do it sparingly, as each outbound link is a “vote” for another site. However, if you do it well and people click your links, this tells search engines you are a trusted authority on your particular topic.
8. Update your website frequently.
Sites with dynamic content often rank higher than those with static content. That’s why blogs and directories (like Wikipedia) do so well on search engines. They are constantly being updated with new content.
9. Make sure your website is indexed in search engines.
A lot of search engines will automatically find and index your content, but don’t count on it.
You want to be sure engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo are crawling your site, so that people are finding you online. (You can add them directly, if they’re not.)
10. Have other websites link to you.
This is really, really important, when it comes to SEO. The bummer is that it’s not something you can necessarily control. Other than creating excellent content, the only thing you can do is ask (which occasionally works).
My counsel is to spend the time you would trying to convince somebody to link to you on just writing great content. And, start guest posting on other blogs.
Regardless of what you do, know that inbound links are essential to SEO.
11. Stop changing your domain name.
The age of your URL is a factor in your site’s search ranking, so be patient.
If you’re launching a new blog every six months, you’ll never see your site get the value it deserves.
12. Write like a human.
None of the above matters if you create content that sounds like a robot wrote it.
Write great stuff, follow the steps above, have patience, and you’ll see results.
I realize that many of you have already started blogging, but many of these tips can be applied retroactively. And once if you done this, you can start writing regular content. For more about writing SEO pages, read the next article in this series: The Idiot-Proof Basics to Writing SEO Pages.
If you’re curious as to how well your site is performing on search engines, you can use a free website SEO tool like Website Grader.
How To Land Higher SEO Rankings
Search engine optimization is an important part of any company’s website strategy. As a matter of fact based on a recent study, it shows that 93% of online activities start with search engines. And how you rank for certain keywords will depend on your domain authority, which of course is affected by other SEO factors too. However, Google and other search engines like Yahoo and Bing continuously make changes to their algorithms to create a better search experience for their users.
1. Make your website faster.
Optimizing your images can have a drastic effect on your site speed, but it isn’t the only thing that you can do to increase your site speed. Here are a few other SEO tricks that you can use to reduce site load times and improve overall search engine rankings:
- Review page elements. Review the elements on each site page to ensure that you are not providing any unnecessary elements that add to your site load time.
- Enable browser caching. Browser caching makes it possible for repeat visitors to experience faster load times by storing elements of your site pages in a cache, or temporary storage.
- Reduce plugins. Another way to improve site load times is to deactivate and delete any unnecessary plugins on your site and get rid of those that are slowing your site speed.
2. Secure your site with HTTPS.
Another one of our top SEO tricks is to make your website secure. If you have not already, it’s time to switch your site to HTTPS. HTTPS is a more secure version of the http web protocol. HTTPS works together with SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, to communicate information in a safer way. HTTPS encrypts the data for security, not allowing data to be altered or corrupted as its transmitted. This provides a more safe and secure experience for your site visitors.
3. Optimize the mobile version of your site.
Though many brands have treated a mobile-friendly website as a “nice-to-have,” the truth is that Google is making it more imperative for brands to have a site that caters to the mobile visitor. As of 2015, Google has prioritized mobile responsive sites in its search results. This should come as no surprise given that a recent BrightEdge study found that 57% of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
4. Improve traffic and engagement metrics.
There is plenty of evidence that suggests that Google rewards websites with strong user engagement. When it comes to SEO, user engagement is often measured by the amount of time that the user spends on your site. The more time that users spend on a site, the more likely they are to be engaged by the content they find there.
There are a few ways that you can work on improving traffic and engagement metrics to boost your site rankings:
- Make your content easy to read. If you want to keep users on your site longer, you need to ensure that your content is easy to read. Keep your sentences and paragraphs short to improve readability. You should also use headings and bullet points to break up text and make your content easy to scan.
- Use images throughout your content. Using high-quality and compelling images throughout your content helps break up some of the text while also working to keep your audience engaged.
- Provide value in the beginning of the content. If you want users to keep reading, you’ll need to give away the most valuable information at the beginning of your blog post or site page. This will help them determine whether or not they want to keep reading.
5. Focus on the user experience of your website.
User experience is an important part of both SEO and lead generation and conversion efforts. You want your website to be easy to use so that visitors can find the information they need and move on to the next step in their buyer’s journey. Google wants to make sure that they are providing the best possible quality search engine results so they favor sites that provide a positive user experience.
Here are some quick tips for improving the user experience (and your search engine rankings):
- Make your site easy to navigate by using simple menu navigation with clearly listed categories. Site users should be able to navigate to a page without jumping through hoops.
- Simplify the design of your site, making it easy for users to find what their looking for. This includes using a clean, easy-to-read color scheme and font.
- Develop page content that is optimized and easy to read. This includes using headings (H1 tags) and categories to help users find the content their looking for.
6. Create engaging and valuable content.
Content marketing also plays an important role in helping your business improve your search engine rankings. Not only does content allow you to target certain keywords and topics that your ideal buyers are searching for, but it also provides a vital opportunity to connect with your readers and provide real value that can set you apart from the competition.
The key to creating engaging and valuable content is doing some research on your target market to find out which topics they care about most. Your content should go beyond just explaining your products or services and discussing what benefits your brand can provide for consumers. If you really want to connect with consumers at every stage of the buyer’s journey, you will need to create content that explores their challenges and concerns as well as communicates how your brand can provide value in their lives.
7. Strengthen your social media presence.
This is one of our SEO tricks that may just sound more like really good marketing advice. But hear us out. Social media plays an important role in your search engine optimization strategy. First off, your social media profiles rank in the search engines. In fact, for many companies, their social media profiles will appear in the top results for search listings including the brand name. This means that your leads may be clicking on your social media pages to find out more about your brand.
Don’t forget that the best social media channels are often also used as search engines. Later in our list of SEO tricks, we’ll go into more detail about YouTube as a search engine. However, users are also searching for topics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. This means that the more present and involved you are on these channels, the more of an opportunity you will have to connect with qualified leads.
Create Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube pages show up on the first page of search results.
8. Use long tail keywords in your SEO strategy.
Using long tail keywords in your SEO strategy is one of the most fundamental SEO tricks.
Long tail keywords are keywords or phrases that are longer and more specific than common, broad keywords that are often limited to one or two words. These are important to use in your SEO keyword strategy as they will help you bring more specific traffic and qualified leads to your website.
9. Optimize site content for Google’s Featured Snippets.
Optimizing site content for Google’s Featured Snippets is one of our newer SEO tricks. Featured Snippets on Google have become very popular with search engine users. These short answers found at the top of the search engine results page help searchers get the answers to their questions quickly and effectively. Moving forward, it’s important for businesses to optimize their content to improve their chances of showing up in these featured snippets.
This is an example of a Google Snippet result. Notice that underneath the top result is a list of similar additional questions with a drop down that provide even more quick answers.
There are a few ways that you can improve your chances of showing up in a Google Snippet at the top of the search engine results page. First, consider what types of content you can develop in a question and answer format. This makes it as easy as possible for Google to extract this content for their featured snippet. You may also want to use lists, tables, and graphs as this type of content is also likely to show up in these snippets.
10. Create more optimized online video content.
Did you know that 55% of all Google keyword searches return at least one video result? This is because search engine users love video content, and Google wants to provide the type of results that will be most valuable to their users. By creating more optimized online video content, you can improve your chances of showing up in the video results of Google searches.
In addition to creating and publishing more video content, you will also want to pay attention to optimization when it comes to YouTube. Of the video results on the Google search engine results page, 82% come from YouTube. This should come as no surprise given that YouTube is the second most popular search engine with more than 3 billion searches each month.
Got it in first page of google 😉 Most of you might be knowing this already and knowing the site also where i copied it from but still many other want to know 😛
1. Index kings – http://www.indexkings.com/
Rapid website submitter index kings it will submit your website to various website statistic sites what will give you valued backlinks and your site will index and rank better on Google. So get free 15000 backlink with Indexkings additionally Deep Linking offers more +570 submission.
2. Y.M.E daily Backlink Builder – http://backlinks.ymedaily.com/
This backlink builder tool submits your URL to +11,500 different websites that automatically provide free backlinks for you. All of the websites in our list provide free website listings, site statistics, and site reports with dedicated URLs.
3. BackLinkr – http://www.backlinkr.net/
BackLinkr automatically builds (+2500) of high quality backlinks for your webpage. Generated backlinks on well established websites which are frequently crawled by search engines, quickly helping with SEO and improving your page rank on all search engines.
4. Im talk website submitter – http://www.imtalk.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=IMT-Website-Submitter
Im talk website submitter will make 1800+ free backlink for your website. These entire website’s are mainly Whois, about us, website review typo website. These backlinks are no-follow some of are do-follow but these website’s are frequently crawl by Google bot and other search engines.
5. 2000 backlink- http://www.2000backlink.com/
This free backlink builder tool will create 2500 page about you website and get you 2500 backlink. Some of are no-follow and some of do-follow but those websites are crawl regularly by Google bots.
6. Get Free Backlinks – http://www.get-free-backlinks.com/
This tool provided you with a list of where you can get or create up to 5000 more free backlinks
7. Seo unity – http://tools.seounity.com/Backlink-Builder/
This free backlink builder tool will automatically submit your website url to 1853 different websites. Advantage of using this tool is every submission website has been collected and validated in a master list what are spam free and legally website. So get 1853 free backlink for your website
8. 2500 backlink – http://www.2500backlinks.com/
It will give you 2500 backlinks instant
9. Kalsey – http://www.kalsey.in/backlinks
Free Backlinks Generator is a great tool for webmasters and service providers. All backlinks are from reputed web info sites and having various PR from 0 to 8. Mix of Dofollow and Nofollow. Creates 2500 backlinks
10. Autobacklinkbuilder – http://www.autobacklinkbuilder.com/links/
This would creates 2,500+ pages about your website with backlinks pointing back to your website. No-follow and do-follow mix but well established websites regularly crawled by Google
11. Ser Backlink – http://sitowebinfo.com/back/
Generates Backlinks in 1 Click and Pings Them Automatically. Get a full report of all URLS, backlinks and pings that you generate, in real time. Automatically Generate And Ping 2500 Backlinks
12. Zone Auto Backlink – http://zone-auto-backlink.blogspot.com/
Creates pages about your website/blog on everyone of these websites, resulting in about 2500+ different pages with backlinks pointing back to your website. Some of them are no-follow and some of them are do-follow.
13. Excite submit – http://addurl.excitesubmit.com/
This tool will Submit and Ping your URL to 1,506 Websites and Services with one click.
14. Useme – http://useme.org/
Useme will automatically ping your link to 2400+ different websites such as free listings, and they are mainly info, who is, about us, website statistic, value, business listings and directories.
15. 247 backlink – http://247backlinks.info/
You will get 1000 backlink for free all you need to do is register and put your website address.
16. Free backlink tool – http://freebacklinktool.com/
Create up to 500 free backlink pointing to your website from high authority websites within a minute with pinging. Register requires
17. Backlink generator – http://www.backlinkgenerator.net/
Get 325 automated backlinks from backlink generator. They say this tool is the best in backlinking. This tool will create for you High valued instant permanent backlinks.
18. Auto backlink generator pages – http://users5.nofeehost.com/backlinkgenerator/default.asp?google.com/5
This generator will give you more than 240 backlink form different websites and automatically ping your website url (remove bracs from link, fb was not allowing to post this link )
19. Webmaster deck – http://www.webmasterdeck.com/tools/wsbacklinker/
This tool will submit your website to 176 Whois and website review sites.
20. Free web submission – http://www.free-web-submission.co.uk/backlinkfree/
Automatically add your website address to 101 sites like free website listing, website reports with dedicated url. This tool is Spam free and contains no illegal sites.
21. Real-backlinks – http://real-backlinks.com/en
100+ free real backlinks, 95% of the free backlinks are dofollow backlinks, receive more traffic with free backlinks
22. Free backlink builder – http://freebacklinkbuilder.net/
Free high pr do-follow backlink generator and ping service. It will get you 100 backlinks from highly ranked websites. This backlink builder is very useful tool for new websites to rank better.
23. Improve Seo rank – http://www.improveseorank.com/free-seo-submission.php
Submit your website to 100 highly ranked authority web properties and get fast indexing by search engines. These backlinks will be coming from Whois, dns and website review website.
24. Linksoar – http://linksoar.com/index.php?ready
Register and Get 45 high pr backlinks
25. Officialy – http://www.official.my/freebacklinks.php
Fast backlink builder linking to your website still in beta mode, generates up to 100 backlinks.
26. Pingbomb – http://www.pingbomb.com/
This tool automatically create 105 free backlinks to your site or page, then ping too.
27. Marketing blog online – http://www.marketingblogonline.com/autobacklinks/
An Auto backlink generator
28. Small Seo tools – http://smallseotools.com/backlink-maker/
Small Seo tool’s backlink maker will make 60+ high quality backlink for you
29. W3 Seo – http://w3seo.info/backlink-maker
A free backlink maker tool
Tools That Will Get You More Url Backlinks
Below, you’ll find a list of 10 tools that can help your building strategy. When used the right way, one or more of these could have a big impact on your web site’s rankings.
Getting started is a simple three step process:
- Use the backlink check tool to find broken links related to your subject matter.
- Choose pages that you can recreate or those that have content related to what you already have on your website.
- Reach out to site owners, tell them about the broken incoming link and suggest that they link to your content.
Search Engine Optimisation.
Learn About technical, analytical and creative process to improve the visibility of a website in search engines. The primary function of SEO is to drive more unpaid useful traffic to a site that converts into sales.